Breakthrough Weekend FAQs
1. What is the objective of BTW?
It is an intentional effort to set aside extended time to seek God with fellow pilgrims and prepare our hearts for spiritual breakthroughs. Breakthrough happens when God breaks in and we break with, leading to life transformation!
2. What is BTW like?
BTWs are strategic retreats for deep encounters with God to hear God’s timely word and burden for us. There will be time for rest, reflection and solitude, inspirational testimonies, instructive sharing and small group times.
3. Must I attend a BTW? Is it meaningful to attend another BTW?
We require participation at a BTW for membership as BTW is a key vehicle for the first of our Six Life Transformational Strategies. On an ongoing basis, we strongly encourage you to attend at least one BTW every one or two years as spiritual breakthroughs are necessary pivotal points in our ongoing spiritual pilgrimage. God has a timely word and burden for each BTW.
4. Can I attend only parts of the BTW?
We require all BTWs to be on a stay-in weekend basis as the entire BTW programme has been intentionally crafted for holistic BTW experience. Participants MUST attend all sessions and follow the programme starting Friday morning and ending Sunday afternoon.
5. How do I prepare and follow through for a BTW?
The BTW is not just a weekend itself but a journey. The BTW journey has three parts: Spiritual Preparation, Breakthrough Weekend and Follow-Through. The journey begins at Spiritual Preparation, the Sunday before the actual BTW.
Other Important Information
- Coach transport is optional and available at an additional $35.00 per person. Please sign up appropriately online. Coach payment is not refundable.
- All Covenanters are welcome to register for BTW. For non-Covenanters, places will be subject to availability, with priority given to Covenanters. Non-Covenanters are also requested to obtain written permission from their home church to attend the BTW.
- Covenanters are not allowed to book on behalf of non-Covenanters.
- Children are strictly NOT ALLOWED at ALL BTWs. Spouses are strictly NOT allowed at Men’s & Women’s BTW.
- All payments must be completed within 10 days of registration otherwise the registration will be automatically voided.
- There will be no refund for cancellation but replacements are allowed. (Do notify us of your replacement before registration closes). If you are cancelling or withdrawing your registration, please write to the appropriate BTW email even if you have not paid for registration yet.
- Your application will be placed on waiting list should all places be filled. The BTW team will contact you to follow up.
- CGs are encouraged to sign-up for BTW together. Please verify that your correct CG membership is updated on Voyager by your CG Leader.
- If you have a roommate, kindly indicate the Full Name as in NRIC (to avoid confusion) of your roommate under "Special Requests".
- You are strongly encouraged to obtain your own travel and medical insurances for emergencies.
- For potential participants of Marriage BTW - please attend men/women's BTW once before signing up for the Marriage BTW.
- If you need financial assistance, please write to the respective teams at their email addresses.